From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:25:20 -0700
Permission to crosspost granted.

I posted this to the FML on July 19th.  I am posting again because we
still need to find these two a home.  We have had one offer so far,
however due to Manny just recovering from surgery, we would like to
keep him a little closer to Arizona if possible.

You may remember me posting last month about the loss of a ferret owner
that had adopted from us.  She passed away in a car accident during a
very bad storm (winds at 80+ mph).  Her two ferrets were given to someone
by her father.  Within about 2 weeks after the kid (17) had them, we got
a call from him.  He decided that he couldn't keep them with school and
working and would like for us to take them, plus he said "the bigger one
bit me".

Shawn went to Bisbee the next day and picked up the two ferrets.  The
little girl had been in our shelter before and has had a hard life.  Her
name was Moonie.  She came to the shelter the first time with a cage mate
named Oggie, who passed away due to complications from adrenal surgery.
She was adopted out to Delana and her ferret Rascal.  Rascal passed away
shortly afterwards.  She had two other cagemates also pass away.  She was
a bad biter when we got her in the first time.  She is still pretty
nippy.  We have renamed her Delana after her mom.

The other ferret, (the bigger one) is a male that we named Manny.  He
looked adrenal right from the start.  Within just a couple of days we
noticed a lump on his back start to grow and he slowed down.  He went in
to the vet and had surgery the next day.  Adrenal, hernia and fractured
pelvis.  The pelvis was fractured while at the kids house from what the
vet could tell which also caused the hernia.  He is recovering just fine.
Stitches should come out in about a week.  He has not bitten us here.
He loves to hide shoes!

Manny is a sweetheart and does not bite.  He will give you kisses on your
arms though.  Delana is the nipper.  She is much better but will take the
opportunity to bite your feet, legs, arms or any other body part if she
feels the need.  We have been working with her since we got her and seems
to be doing pretty good.  She really wants to be a good girl.... She is
just afraid and needs an understanding home.  She loves the crocheted
balls with bells in them!  She runs to you, takes them out of your hand,
hides them - but before dropping them, gives them a quick shake as if to
say "ha ha, MINE!".

We would like to find them a forever home so that they don't have to go
through any more trauma.  They are both around 5 years old.  Both are
sables.  You can see their pictures at
http://www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz/dalenamanny.html
They do have to go to an experienced home.

Delana LOVES balls with bells in them... especially crocheted balls!
Manny is just now starting to play and he figures that daddies flip flops
are his and should be put under that couch for safe keeping.

If you are interested in these two please email me.  I would prefer not
to transport but if needed we might be able to arrange transportation.

Contact me at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz
www.supportourshelters.org
www.geocities.com/neverforeverland

There's a pot of Ferret Love at the end of the Rainbow