From:
Rachelle & McKyle Tuvell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 14:49:08 -0500
Hello everyone.  I have a couple of ferret-tales to share.  Both occurred
today, while McKyle & I were playing.

First: I was holding two corners of McKyle's baby blanket and flinging it up
in the air, and when it came down it puffed up like a parachute.  Well, at
first McKyle would either run under the blanket and "wrestle" it when it
came down on him, or he would jump on top of it and pounce around.  But then
he backed off to the side, and as I tossed up the blanket in the same
manner, he would jump straight up into the air as high as he could and throw
all four legs outstretched as he fell down, landing flat on his tummy.  He
appeared to be "imitating" the blanket!!  It was very cute.

Second: He was on his harness & leash outside on a walk, digging through the
grass and dirt, flinging up dirt four feet behind him as he dug.  Suddenly
he took an unusual interest in my shoes, and started licking & gnawing on
them.  It went on so much that when I walked away from him he would follow
my feet, and so appeared to be PERFECTLY leash-trained!!  (Of course, he's
not!) I had to keep up the pace to keep him from getting stepped on, as he
was running to catch me!  In this manner we walked all around the sidewalk
of the apartment building, much to the amusement of my neighbors!  He had
totally forgotten about digging!  It was the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Happy ferreting to all!
Rachelle Tuvell
McKyle (Gimme dem feet, mama!)