From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 10:07:40 EDT
>I simply thought I'd found a place where I could find out valuable
>information and stories about ferrets, which could only benefit my guys.
>I am truly sorry that I was wrong about this.

Well, of course ..  you can stay or leave ... your choice.  Actually, I
consider it valuable information when someone DOES tell us of a vet who
deliberately misinforms people (as you did), as that is exactly the type of
vet I would try to avoid.  I find that I learn a lot from other people's
vet experiences, both the good ones and the bad ones.

>Not all shelter operators call themselves "Shelter Moms" or "Shelter Dads".
>Some of us understand the differences between children and pets.

What's so bad about a ferret shelter operator deciding what name he/she
wishes to refer to himself by?  I sure don't find it offensive.

Heck, my local shelter operator could tell me that she wanted to be called
a "Shelter Goddess" from now on, and it wouldn't concern me in the least.
I think the main point is that she's taking care of homeless animals that
might otherwise be suffering and/or already dead ... What she chooses as
her "title" doesn't really matter, as far as I can tell ..  I'm just glad
that Shelter Gods/Goddesses and Shelter Parents exist to take on this
thankless task.

- Ela