Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 19:44:45 -0400
I received a call from the Northeast Animal Shelter yesterday afternoon.
They found a cardboard box that was empty and flat but said "ferrets to a
good home" in marker on the side.  About 1:30 one of the ferrets showed
up in the parking lot and was caught.  There has to be at least one more
out there as the box said "ferrets".  If anyone in the Highland Ave
section of Salem finds or sees posted a found ferret, please contact the
shelter or me.  I have taken in the one found and I am sure she misses
her cage mate.  We used squeaky toys in the woods and went back again
after dark with flashlights and squeaked some more.  Unfortunately it is
a very wooded area behind the shelter but there are some homes not too
far on one side.  Please keep your fingers crossed that it will be OK.