From:
A Eric Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 1994 03:05:16 -0600 (MDT)
Re: "Adopting" rubber toys..

TWO of my female ferrets adopted the same rubber bear.  That was
pretty funny to watch (and a little sad, too).  They'd never fight
over the bear.  Bungee would grab the bear and run under the dresser
with it.  A minute later, Tinkerbelle would grab it and scurry in to
the cage, with Bungee right behind.  This went on for about a half-hour
one night!  Tinkerbelle has since relinquished the bear in favor of
a rubber rhinoceros.

I'm sure I won't be the only one to tell you to pay close attention to
ferrets with rubber toys.  If the toy shows signs of wear discard it
(when your ferret isn't watching..), because swallowing even a small
piece of rubber torn off the toy can cause a fatal intestinal blockage.
In case you suspect a piece has been swallowed, try some cat laxative.
Call your vet if your ferret is not pooping, but he'll probably tell you
to try some laxative first anyway.

A Eric Rinehart is [log in to unmask]
Eric in the Arts 194 Mac Lab
My mind is like a sponge...that needs to be wrung out.