Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1993 22:31:59 -0400
[Please use the addresses in the headers.  ferret-list at
eci386 is seriously old.]

Hello!  I am considering getting a ferret(s) in the next few months
but wonder if y'all could help me out with a couple questions-- first,
somebody mentioned that they are illegal in NYC, but does this apply
to the boroughs (specifically Queens)? Or is this just considered NY
state and a permit is required? If I need a permit, how hard and/or
costly is it to obtain one?
Secondly, do they get along well with cats if they are introduced to
each other at a young age? What is a good age? I'm asking because in
all likelihood my roomie and I will have a cat as well, and I'd prefer
to keep a tragedy from occurring, plus I'd like the ferret to have
some company. If cats and ferrets are incompatible, I'll get another
ferret so they could keep each other company. And keep the cats and
ferrets separate.
I'm sorta new at this, as might be pretty apparent, but luckily my
roommie knows a fair deal about them plus we have friends in the area
who have two wonderful ferrets of their own. But, any tips you can
give me would be greatly appreciated! I guess you could say that I'd
welcome any "starter's tips" at this point, and I will be reading this
list religously to pick up any info.
Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

-Mel