From:
"Lange, Sandra SJ" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:42:31 +1000
Matan wrote at various times:
>AND STOP CALLING ME A FOOL - coz i aint so.
>- im an israeli and have english spelling mistakes.
>.  hebrew isnt a latin language so its harder 4 every1 here...

and he seemed to use the word 'jet' for injection.

There's enough people with English as first language who can't spell and
do not use correct grammer in their e-mails.  Often this is due to laziness
while typing; ie a lot of people don't care about how the message is
presented, even if they do know better, as long as the message gets across.
It often does, but not always.  I am as guilty as anyone else at times -
the context is important to how much I care I take.  For communication
through somebody's second language, be more careful, and make allowances.

Some of Matan's phrasing, and in particular, his use of shortcuts,
indicates to me that he does not yet have the maturity to recognize the
need for clarity, and is actually quite a good *speaker* of english.
How many others could use these type of shortcuts in another language?

Regards
Sandra, Clover and Princess