From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:11:04 -0700
Here's another one to add to the list of potential dangers...

Kitchen and bathroom cabinets - often, the baseboards are not flush with
the floors of the cabinets.  Feel underneath the cabinets to see if there
is any gap at all that would allow a ferret to climb underneath the
cabinet.  Our old kitchen had this sort of setup, and even after we thought
we had taken care of the problem, one of our ferrets still managed to fit
through an amazingly slim gap.  She had the hardest time squeezing out
again and had to be lured out with her favorite treat.  We are now in the
process of remodelling, and had to point out to the installer several new
gaps.

Julie