From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - FERRET BUSINESS of GA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 22:58:25 -0400
What the hell is the matter with some people?!  How do you move out & leave
your family pets behind, outside in humid 90+ degree sweltering weather?
They just left them in the yard, & after a few days their next door
neighbors took them in.  These caring people have been trying for weeks to
find a place for them to go.  They didn't get any response on the multiple
FREE newspaper ads they placed & pet stores told them "Good luck, they're
not so popular any more."

I'm at capacity & I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't do some
adoptions.  We just aren't seeing the same interest we once did.  But they
just keep coming in.  Where do you stop?  How do you say no to one of these
little guys who isn't wanted anymore & has no place to go?  How can I turn
my back on a old little one when it may be the only chance for comfort &
affection before he dies?  With the new guys we'll have 32 in house.

Then came the icing on the cake.  I had to run to the emergency clinic at
11pm the night before last when one of the fosters started bleeding
profusely from the rectum.  He's doing OK now - $280 later & clueless.
Blood tests showed nothing.

Sometimes I feel like I'm at the end of my rope, then I have to pull myself
up & clean another cage.

But I did get some wonderful news tonight.  Ron Bogumil, a wonderful foster
dad, had his long-awaited liver & pancreas transplant today & is doing very
well.  Please send him your good thoughts & well wishes.

Juliana  (770) 984-1417 <[log in to unmask]>
FERRET BUSINESS of GA
(fer'it`biz'nis)  n.                    1 Ferret foster care & adoption.
2 Info about ferret care & ownership.   3 What a ferret does.
4 A collection of ferrets.              5 A direct result of ferret math.
/That's BUSINESS as in a bunch of ferrets folks./