Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 08:41:06 EST
I have written to Modern Ferret 5 times now in 3 months.  No one is
responding.  I too have seen Mary with time to be on-line.  If you go to
www.Modernferret.com and scroll down to customer service and pull up that
page?  Then scroll down to contact and click on that.  Brace yourselves.

It reads to me that unless we are giving them a million dollars or a cover
on Time Magazine, or replying to their astronaut applications-they are not
going to bother to respond.  I personally found it extremely offensive.
They could have written that they were too ill to respond-if that was
true.  But it is not.Or they could have entirely cut out contact through
E-mail.

I did not find the "humor" or their new reply funny at all.  Maybe it is
just me-as I have taken time to write to them 5 times now in 3 months
asking where my subscription is, and could they check and see how far
ahead I am paid up.  My empathy for them went out the window.

Judge for yourselves.  It is bad enough not to reply at all.  But now,
they joke about how they are going to put up a customer service page and
yet not reply unless THEY are getting something.

Mary was recently selling something on E-bay.  So I know her computer is
working, and that she has time to be on it, and can go on-line.  I am
probably a bit on the sensitive side.  But if I allow myself to think
about it-I feel insulted and cheated.

I have pretty much decided at this point to wash my hands of them and
never read them or order from them or support them anymore.  The callous
disregard I felt reading their customer service page under contact, along
with seeing Mary on-line was it for me.

The magazine had become thin with few articles.  But they have done a lot
for all of us-for the ferrets.  A lot!  So I supported them-even though
issues were late or never arrived.

After reading what I found to be their mocking humor at concerns people
have-I have gone from dumb founded to giving up on caring about the
magazine or that WILD desire of ever having one from them again.

People change.  Circumstances change.  I would never again go crazy with
joy getting their magazine.  And that is SUCH a shame.  Very much like a
relationship for me.  The trust has definitely been broken.  It can never
be the same for me again.

Lisette