From:
Jeanne Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 1996 13:29:52 -0500
Recently I attended an "end of Chemotherapy" party for a ferret that was
diagnosed with early Lymphoma.  He was 2 years old at the time of diagnosis
and underwent an 8 month long chemo treatment based on protocal developed by
Dr. Susan Brown.  I don't know Susan's e-mail address, but a wonderful
veterinarian familiar with the protocol is Steve Sanders and he can be
e-mailed by visitng the CDFA web page and visiting the clinic.  If you have
any problems let me know and I will get his direct e-mail address.  He's
very helpful.

I was told by the ferret's owner that it's important to know how far the
lymphoma has spread and that to do this a bone marrow aspirant is performed.
Dr. Brown doesn't recommend chemo if more than 50% of the cells are
infected.  Ask Steve Sanders about the protocol.  He'll tell you that Dr.
Brown has actually had ferrets go into remission for 2-5 years!  So don't
lose hope!

Good Luck.

Jeannne