Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:05:33 -0500
I have one really good compounding pharmacy to add to the list of them that
Shelley was kind enough to provide.  It's:

The Medicine Shoppe
Nutley, NJ
973-235-0909

When my Scooter was sick with helicobacter last year, the vet.  called a
prescription for Carafate (Sucralafate) in to the Medicine Shoppe (which
is right around the corner from where I live).  They compounded it into a
liver-flavoured suspension which Scooter actually liked!  (He didn't like
it as much as a treat, of course ..  but he at least tolerated it and
didn't try to spit it up).

Also, when I told them it was for a pet, the pharmacist put a special "flip
top" cap on the bottle.  I would flip up a cap on the top of the bottle,
and then insert a special marked measuring syringe that the pharmacist also
gave me (for free, I think!), and just draw out the amount of medicine that
I needed.  Then I could squirt the medicine directly into Scooter's mouth
fro the syringe.  This made the whole process so much easier and more
pleasant!  :->

- Ela