From:
Heidi Thirion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 21:06:26 EDT
Hello everyone,

I dont' post too often..But I need some help.  I've been on this list for
about 6 months and you all have been pretty helpful, and I love the stories
on here!!  I have 6 ferts now..Just got Baby on Thursday this week.  She is
a beautiful Silver-mitt.  She was a rescue from someone who didn't want her
anymore. :)

Anyways, I have a problem with one of my little(not really little!!) boyz.
We have had him since the beginning of May when he was 6 weeks old.  He is
now about 5 1/2 mos.  old.  He is VERY FAT!!  And i dont' mean just
chubby..  but FAT.  He has a cage mate, Midnite, that we got on the same
day.  Larz, the boy, is the one w/ the obese prob.  He eats and eats and
eats until the dish is totally empty and then still looks for more!!!  He
is caged with Mid so I don't really know how i can regulate how much he
eats w/out makin Mid not eat either.  And I really don't want to separate
them, cuz they are so good and happy together.  I am feeding them all a
mixture of Marshall's and Totally Ferret.  they were only on Marshall's and
am slowly tryin to change them over to TF.  So, with that info, could you
PLEASE help me???  Any suggestions are welcome, but please send them to my
email address b/cause i don't get to read these posts every day :( (my
puter is a piece of S**t) He is to the point of his body dragging on the
ground when he "waddles" He is still very playful and they all get out of
their cages to run atleast 2-3 hrs a day..weekends its more.

Thanks in advance!!

Heidi and Chris  ([log in to unmask])

*Maggie, Bandit, Gizmo, Baby, Larz and Midnite*
*Gordy -guinea pig*
*Nutty and Penut-2 squirrels for rehabilitation*

P.S.  I have been lurking on these posts for a while, and get kinda
perturbed that many people on here find it "necessary" to flame others.
Aren't we here to help each other and share stories about our babies????
Granted, everyone has their own opinions about things, but why does it have
to come to the point of squabbling SO much on this list?  I used to really
look forward to reading these every day when i got the chance, but its been
kinda like why bother lately?  cuz i skip half of the "crap" on here from
flames and unnecessary gripes.  **To everyone else--Please keep the
stories,song,and poems coming!  They make this list really worth stayin on.
Please hug your fuzzbutts for us, as they all mean the world to everyone on
this list.  Do it for the Ferts!!  I for one wouldn't know what to do w/out
mine now.  They have changed a lot in my life and my thinking of things
also.  FOR THE BETTER!!!  Sorry this has gotten so long, but i just had to
put in my "opinion" also.