From:
Holderby Amanda K <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 10:32:08 -0600
Hello everybody!
While I am not exactly a newcomer to the wonderful world of ferrets, I am
fairly new to the list.  I have two little fuzzies, Steve (2 years) and
Willa (12 weeks).  Actually, Steve lives with my mom who suffered the
my-only-child-moved-out syndrome that can only be cured by a lovable ferret.

I am very busy, I work two jobs and go to school first time, and don't get
to see my girl as often as I'd like.  Because she is in a cage (a nice
three-story one, though) many hours a day, she goes crazy when I let her out
in the evening.  Three nights ago, though, she did something very strange.

I would love to sleep with my ferret, but her being very young and all, it
is not likely to happen.  She plays ALL THE TIME and just likes to get under
the covers so she can nibble on my toes.  So I put her in her cage, turned
off the lights and curled up to sleep.  I was almost there when I heard her
gagging.  It scared me to death.  I jumped up and ran to let her out.  She
had spit up quite a bit of what appeared to be half-digested food, but when
I picked her up to sooth her, she squirmed to be let down.  When I did, she
bounced all over the floor, attacking my feet and trying to play.  Being
very tired, I put her back up and got back in bed.  As soon as I turned out
the lights, she started gagging again.  Up I jumped (proving that we are all
really slaves to our fuzzies) and let her out again.  She likewise stopped
choking and got down to play.  She showed no other signs of being sick,
except for the spitting up.

The next day I took her to the vet for her distemper shots, and he said that
she was FAKING ME OUT.  I didn't know that she would go to such an extent
just to be let out of her cage.  Do any other ferts out there try to pull
this.

Thanks a bunch,
Amanda and her little ferret Willa, too