From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:02:43 -0500
Hey-
It is kind of quiet here-- we really miss the youngsters tearing up the
place!  Jasper Ferret Wise, Nikki Ferretwise & Muggs Ferretwise all have
a new home.

Now many folks will tell you a pit bull and ferret -- friends do not
make.  That is largely true due to the innate hunting instincts in the
terreir breeds.

There is always an exception.  and Bunny is one.  Bunny is a rescue
pit bull cross age 4 years.  She and her human friends ( retired CHiP's
officers) moved to NH in a town nearby the shelter.  They had always
wanted a ferret and were guided to Ferret Wise by the local vets office!
Well many visits and lots of instructions later find this happy sight:
Jasper ( no longer ferretwise) kissing his new friend Bunny in their
living room!

It is a good thing that the kids get lots of supervision-- but proof in
the pudding with good training and great pet parents, these placements
can work!

Meanwhile Harry is sad the kids are gone but is finally eating kibble
after his extensive adrenal/ splenectomy surgery.  Little Biscuit is now
eating shelter Mom's adrenal support recipe soup but Gravy wants nothing
to do with it.

As soon as Mom sells enough ebay Hammies these kids need adrenal surgeries.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com
%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1
&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=ferret+wise
There are hammies, calendars & gift sets on ebay this week!

It's always something here at the shelter.  I am waiting myself for a
pile of new snow so we can spread it all over the floor again! :)

Hope to see some of you here at the shelter on SUNDAY - FEB 9th 2-4 PM
for the Valentine Swap & Ice Cream Social-- you can share your ice cream
with me-- don't forget!

Your friend Jerimiah!
mascot, Ferret Wise Shelter
www.ferretwise.org