From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 05:42:02 -0800
Hi Folks:

As a result of a post on the FHL regarding Deslorelin implants, I
engaged in conversation with "debug." I offered to help her out with
a post on the FML. Is there anyone in Colorado or perhaps the eastern
side of Utah whose vets are using the 4.7 Des implants for ferrets?
Debug is trying to get her vet hooked up with one or more vets in the
area so they might order together and be able to borrow/buy from each
other when out to best serve their ferret clients. This has worked
out very well for my vet and his colleagues here in the Rochseter, NY
rarea. We have also experienced larger orders resulting in lower price
of implants. (Well, lower prices to the vets and in my vet's office --
can't speak for others.)

We are currently awaiting our order placed in the end of 2010. I saw a
letter from Peptech to my vet stating they are working on a new batch
and expect back orders to be received around mid- February. I have a
ferret in need and may supplement with a melatonin implant if the order
goes much longer. Just wanted to remind you melatonin and Lupron are
options that can work along with a Des implant.

If you can help "debug" and her fuzzie the world will be a better
place. Below is her post from the FHL. Also, if you are able to help
her out I would appreciate a copy of the e-mail if it provides vet
information. It helps me in networking for others in need of Deslorelin
implant information and help.

Appreciatively, Cathy Ryan