From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 19:00:55 EST
Hello all,
I just want to say first off that i'm not blaming anyone for my FML shelter
listing being messed up, I take total responsibility for that.  The FMl
shelter list crew is doing a great job and I'm glad that they are there!!

Well where to start.......

On Rick's post about a ferret underground railroad, that is a Cal
organization, so I think we shoud be called something like
Ferrets
In
Need of
Excellent homes
"FINE"

Maybe a naming contest, heh Rick?

Also, some not so good news, i got the check from the N.E., the donation
was in the amount of $180..  I was really thinking it would have been more.
i will make a donation to SOS to see fit as they want to distribute the
money, it really bums me out because i wanted to make a big donation but as
it stands it won't be that much.  i was told to demand a certain amount of
money but i asked for a donation and I got it.  what really tickes me off
is that I told them i was going to share with other ferret shelters and
also they laughed at what the Tyson camp gave me for a donation considering
all the money he has.  I feel like crap about it, but i will still
contribute something.  Also i have an excess of water bottles and some
supplies right now, I thought about a ferret co-op for the shelters, any
ideas on this, we all have excess of things periodically and not enought
at times.  Maybe this would help out?

A little off topic, right now i have a 4 yr old Pom going through Chemo and
my 8 yr old Rotty needs a TPO, (knee surgery), I am in a quandry, I justify
spending thousands of dollars on my ferrets every couple of months, but now
where money is tight I don't know what to do.  My Rotty, Buster has been
my sons protector when I worked nights, and he would give his life for us.
The surgery would extend the quality of life he has left, he is in great
health otherwise.  i don't want to take away from the ferrets, but do i do
the surgery and maybe put aside a ferret surgery for awhile, (non life
threating), or just put him to sleep.  I am so beside myself right now I
can't seem to get it figured out.

For those of you that don't know, i am first and primarily a ferret
shelter, but my stupid heart sometimes just can't say no to other critters
in need, hence 10 cats, some with brain damage, 4 dogs, 2 needing medical
attention right now, 2 coatimundi rescues, and a duck who lives in the
house with all the other critters, and rules!

Any input on this situation would be greatly appriciated, and please no
flames, i will read them but then just ignore them.

Ok, one more thing......
I just joined Alladvantage.com, they pay me to surf the web and to get
people to do the same, if you go to the website and join please use the
shelters ID # HTN851.  its just another way to help the shelter out
without costing you any money.  Plus surfing is cool dude, LOL.

BIG, congrats, you are a blessing to the ferret community.

Take care all,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue and Shelter
where ferrets, and dogs, and cats, and ducks, and coatis are treated like
Don't forget to click........
http://ww.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=4441&mid=43677
Your helping the ferrets by clicking, heck you can even get your ferrets to
help you click!!!!