Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:51:45 +0000
Since 1985 we have been involved in ferreting. We have seen literally
thousands of ferrets pass through our doors since then. Our very first
personal ferret was Budweiser that my son sold all of his GI Joe
figurines and equipment to bring home, (You really want it? then find
a way to get it). Funny thing is as kids do, his interests changed
but mine grew fonder. Seeking out a vet that knew ferrets was a real
challenge, but we were blessed with an exceptional
wildlife/biologist/veterinarian that not only treated Budweiser but
took me under his wing to educate me about the needs of this wonderful
creature. We jumped in with all 4 feet and started the OFS after a
close friend we had been helping passed away leaving us 205 ferrets.
Dr B helped us through all this and immediately became the shelter Doc.
We found out the funny adorable bottle shape that gave Budweiser his
name was actually bladder pockets. Unfortunately, we lost him to this
rare problem, but his being has never left us. There is so much left to
learn even since that time! The FML and all that observe it and share
is worth a million facebook pages. Keep it coming BIG. Your boots
aren't full yet!

Dave and Chris