Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 21:19:50 -0500
I was in Foley Alabama last week and stopped in at a pet store called Pet
USA or something like that, on Hwy 59. (south of Hwy 10).  They had four
adorable babies, very friendly and well socialized.  The problem was that
they have very course fur and dry warm noses.  (my guys noses are always
cold and wet, so I guess that's normal).  There was food and water, but
no toys.  They were in a cage with an open top, kind of like an aquarium
but not exactly.  But it was only about 2' square, and had very little
bit of pine shavings in the bottom.  Does this sound like adequate living
conditions for a ferret or not?  I keep my guys in much larger area, as
do most people I know.  I did not say anything to anyone at the time.
It was a Sunday afternoon and there was only one girl there with tons of
customers.  I don't want to over react, but now I feel a little guilty
for not at least mentioning to her that they should have a larger area
and more bedding.  If there is anyone that is closer to Foley area, could
you please check on this for me?  I don't go that far away very often.
It's about 60 miles away.

Thanks,
Shelley

Ps, If I'm over reacting, please tell me.  My husband tells me that I'm
too protective of my babies.