Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 17:00:47 EDT
I just spoke with Mary from F.A.I.R.  Apparently about one month ago, one
of her volunteers was in a Petco store and saw two ferrets in one of those
aquariums Petco seems to like to keep the ferrets inaround here.  The
apparatus controlling air and temperature was apparently broken, as the
ferts looked very ill to the volunteer.  She asked the manager to get them
out of the aquarium, and get them some air, but the manager refused.  The
volunteer said that she would purchase the cage from Petco to put the
ferrets in, but the manager refused.

The shelter volunteer called the department of agriculture to get out to
the store immediately..................... By the time they could get
there-the ferrets were dead.  The heat in the aquarium setting registered
at over 100 degrees.