From:
Karna McBride <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:07:59 -0500
I have a question.  I have a fuzzbutt going in for Adrenal surgery on
his right side soon if I can pull together enough information on certain
things.

One of the things I'm wondering about is that, I recently read an article
in the vets office that an adrenal ferret won't grow their fur back.
Does this mean permanently grow back as in to stay, or does this mean not
grow it back at all?

My vet said adrenal ferrets can grow fur back in cycles but ultimately
will be bald.  My ferret has started growing his fur back in over the
course of the last week and has gone from being 95% bald to having at
least a thin cover over everywhere except the classic Adrenal bald spot
over his rump.

So any vets and adrenal parents out there, what are some of your
experiences with Adrenal?  Has your previously thought adrenal ferret
grown fur back for keeps and not turned out adrenal?  Does it go in
cycles?  I'm frankly confuzzled.

Thanks,
Karna