From:
Elayne Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 13:04:38 -0700
The Cascade Ferret Network is going to have our annual Open House in
conjunction with a moving sale to raise funds for CFN.  The event is
scheduled for June 18th & 19th from 12-4pm at the central facility,
3025 NE Hoyt, Portland, OR.  Experienced ferret vets will be available
to give health checks for a small donation and melatonin implants will be
available for a fee (see our web page, www.cascadeferret.org, or call,
503-231-0887, for more information).  There will be LOTS of used ferret
supplies and equipment for sale and a raffle of donated items.  We will
also have a "Weasel Wheel of Fortune" where you can spin the wheel to
win a prize to help the shelter ferrets.

I also wanted to tell you about some current fund raising projects that
benefit CFN ferret, but first I'd like to give you some background
information about me.  I'm the Network Coordinator for the Cascade Ferret
Network.  Before ferrets took over my life, I was an animal keeper at
the zoo in Portland, a naturalist with a local parks department, and a
volunteer with the local chapter of the Audubon Society.  It has been a
long time now, but I used to do illustrations of plants and wildlife for
animal keeper, park district, and Audubon Society publications.  At some
point I decided to try selling my drawings by having them printed on
stationary (cards and pads of writing paper) that was sold at the Audubon
society's gift shop and at their annual Wild Arts Festival.  I still
have some of the stationary left and thought I could try selling it
again, but on ebay, to help raise funds for the ferrets in the Cascade
Ferret Network.  None of the artwork depicts ferrets, but there is one
drawing of a ferret relative, a portrait of a river otter that I'm very
fond of, the model was one of the otters I worked with at the zoo.  The
other drawings currently listed are of Japanese (red-crowned) cranes,
Canada geese, and an owl feather.

Flying geese writing pad
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7158043236

Flying cranes writing pad
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7158044820

Courting cranes cards
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7158048728

Great horned owl feather writing pad
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7158055771

River otter cards
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7158057337

Another item currently listed to benefit CFN is the LAST REMAINING block
print of Tony Petrarca's donated artwork depicting a pair of ferrets and
the phrase "Ferrets for me...ferrets for life!"

Ferrets for me....ferrets for life! block print
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4383292677

The last item is purely utilitarian

Ferret front pack
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4383299356

Thanks to all the people that have bid on items in the past, I especially
want to thank "Ferret MOM", Leizann Engelke with S.A.F.E. who was generous
enough to make sure all of CFN's last round of ebay auctions had at least
one bid and then she even said to keep some of the items she won or give
them to someone local so we didn't have to pay for shipping it to her.

Elayne Barclay
Cascade Ferret Network Coordinator
www.cascadeferret.org