From:
"Caitlyn M. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 12:05:24 -0400
Hi, Jaimie,

Let's see, a single ferret, up at 5 AM, making noise alone in a cage, and
you can't figure out why she is doing it.  Hmmm.... Actually, this is an
easy one.  She is bored to tears.  Ferrets being awake around sunup and
sundown is the natural sleep cycle for them.  I also know why she is being
so active: she's bored and has nothing better to do.  This really sounds
like normal ferret behavior to me.

Ferrets are social animals.  They need companionship, either from you or
from other ferrets.  Unless you have endless time and energy for a ferret,
I never recommend anyone get just one.  Get her a companion and things may
just get better.  She may adjust to your sleep cycle, but only if she's
happy with that, and being bored can't make her happy.

Good luck!
Caity