From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 20:48:06 -0400
Has anyone had trouble with Zupreme lately? I have used it in my mix
for years but when I bought a 30lb bag from Ferret.com in April it
smelled weird. Unfortunately I mixed it with the other brand I use. All
my ferrets dug it out of their bowls and refused to eat it. They ate
only the other brand and scattered the Zupreme. One of my cats eats my
ferret mix because she has skin issues with cat food. She kept vomiting
after she ate the new mix. I contacted Ferret.com about the problem and
they responded by basically saying it was not their problem. WELL....
they are the ones I bought it from and they will be getting no more
business from me that's for sure. I only switched to them because of
their shipping rates but I shall return to Ferret Depot who I NEVER
had a problem with and are GREAT people to the ferret community with
donations, etc. An email to Zupreme themselves got no response. I
have since heard from someone that said she received a rancid bag of
Zupreme. Any one else with problems? AND please, please...this is NOT
an invitation to anyone to try and convert me to raw or live...NEVER!
I had a ferret (documented) that lived 11.5 years on a strictly kibble
diet, no adrenal or insulinoma problems at all.

Nancy in OR, who is wondering what the heck do I buy now for my mix!