From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:27:20 -0500
My personal experience with Canadians is that they are more... let's say
enthusiastic about life.  They aren't as docile as Marshall ferrets and
they tend to have a higher energy level, stronger mouth grip, and larger
bulkier/blockier/solid build.  Our Mugsy was our first Canadian and Onyx
looks exactly like Mugsy, only not as dark, but the body build is the
same.  Our beloved Mugsy died at 10months from Juvenile Lymphoma.  I
guess that Onyx is Canadian.

I've had Denmarks, Germans, Canadians, Marshals, and a few unknowns (no
tattoos).  The Marshals have been the most docile of the bunch and have
the smaller body builds.  The Germans have a different body/head shape,
the Canadians explained above, the Denmarks, well from my experience a
different body shape, larger but not as bulky/solid as the Germans or
Canadians, and my beloved Pumkin and the others in his group all died
at 6yrs or younger (most) so they weren't long lived and they weren't
healthy.

All are lovable and wonderful.  BUT people that are use to Marshal
ferrets or new ferret people may not be prepared for the energy and
enthusiasm of others.

No offense meant from Gerri's post, only reference that Canadians are
more exhuberant.  And from my experience with Canadians, which I'll
admit is limited, I'd say Onyx is Canadian.

hugs to all.
tle