Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:05:15 -0700
I want to thank Vicki and Debbie for using thier contacts to help with
the situation in Chicago.  I'm a bit of a social idiot, so even though I
volunteer at the shelter and attend most of thier general meetings and
fund raisers, I haven't made too many contacts in the ferret world.  I
work for a family business as a graphic artist, I sit in front of a
computer all day making ads (and surfing the net), so I don't make any
contacts in the business world either.

I tend to think more with my heart when it comes to my babies, they've
done so much for me in helping to overcome my social anxieties, my bouts
of depression and even have inspired my to start my own craft business.

After I clicked the send button yesterday, I started to worry that I
might have offended anyone that was too busy working on this issue to
respond to my previous post.  I tend to just lurk, not sure, even in
e-mail how to approach people.

I'm planning on attending the meeting Tuesday, but not being a Chicago
resident, I wasn't sure how to help.  I'm terribly introverted, so I
didn't feel confident starting something myself.  I become very anxious
making phone calls to people I don't know, (I even just wait for my
*friends* to call me, alot of Fri.  & Sat.  spent with my fuzz) so the
thought of calling or even writing to *People with Power* kind of freaked
me out.  So I posted here, figuring if I became known as that over
emotional, over dramatic woman, at least it would be fellow ferret lovers
and not the whole of Chicago.

So Vicki, you don't think showing up at city hall with my FrankieBean and
a big florecent sandwich board is the way to go?  I'm actually relieved
about that, I'm not much of an activist, but the ferrets have inspired me
to do things that, before I knew them, I don't think I would have ever
tried.

=====
Lisa
Fuzzies Frank, Pikachu, Godiva and Timmy and the Beige Kitty

"We are led, when we share our loves, to an enchanted life of inner
happiness, which unsharing others cannot know."
Antonius Ferret, Fables
Richard Bach, Ferret Cronicles