From:
"McCowen, Melissa (IndSys,ADM)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 09:35:46 -0400
I'm a little confused over the recent issue of Marshall Farm's paperwork.
I've seen a post or two recently in which the owner said the paperwork
they were given was for a different gender/color kit than the one they
purchased.

Both of my babies are MF, acquired in the last six months from two
different pet stores.  In both cases I was given a large envelope (same at
both stores) which contained the MF literature and a registration card.  On
the card was a registration number.  The card explicitly stated that for
the MF guarantee to be valid the ferret must be registered within 30 days
of purchase.  In addition to other information requested on the card (and
on the alternate website registration form which I used) there were spaces
for you to input the sex and color/markings of the MF ferret you purchased.

None of the paperwork "matched" either kit - it was a generic registration
kit, and left it up to me to identify the ferret and register it with MF
after the purchase.

I'm wondering if this is a fairly recent development of MF in response to
paperwork problems like those that have been brought up on this list.  Or,
if they've been doing this for a while, if some of the reported 'paperwork'
wasn't actually for MF kits in the first place.

Just a thought.

Melissa L. McCowen
Mischief & Max
Knoxville, TN