From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:50:04 -0500
REMEMBER:
We don't know if the fire cut off access to the location where the
ferrets were.

We don't even know how soon the people knew there was a fire.

As a young child I had a dear adult friend die in a fire because the
fire did exactly that.

As an adult I had a friend (who unknowingly had aluminum wiring in his
house) who only managed to escape a fire by running blindly to where he
figured his window (second story) was and running right through it. He
was told that he was lucky that he didn't sleep in pajamas because the
burns would have been far worse than they were with him naked.

Fire can move FAST. It can take just seconds to minutes for flaming
drapes to turn into flaming drapes, furniture, carpeting, etc.
depending on how it falls and what is there.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: