Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2009 22:32:49 -0800
WHY?? Why is this happening?? He was doing soooo good!! I thanked God
EACH DAY for letting him pull through the surgery and to enjoy being
a ferret again!

The blood tests sent out should be back tomorrow AM. His 2nd xray
showed food is passing through his stomach fine! BUT the vet felt
it would be best for him to stay in the hospital until they get his
results tomorrow.

He is bright and alert. When they pick him up he seems fine until they
put him down and he "flops".

One thing I forgot to write earlier is right after I put him down this
morning (after he started to go potty in the living room carpet & I
pucked him up to put him in his litter which he couldn't wait..if I had
known, I would have let him poop on my carpet, but) after I picked him
up after seeing him run sideways after getting out of the litter pan, I
held him, gave him some Nutrical, prayed to God to let me be imagining
this and for Tommie to be "okay!", then I put him on the carpet and his
head dropped into the carpet. At 1st I thought he was wiping his lil
chin like he does after eating or getting Nutrical. But he seemed to
freeze in position. He never seemed to bounce back. And his glucose was
normal (which was taken about 1 to 1 1/2 hours later).

I asked the vet who called with an evening update if he thought he was
going to die....he said "not tonight" but "we need his blood results
to see what is going on".

PLEASE pray!! I can not lose Tommie. I KNOW HE WILL NOT LIVE FOREVER! I
KNOW THIS!! BUT I just can't imagine my life without him. He is always
ALWAYS there for me and follows me everywhere!! I live for him (and my
parents). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Peanut and me 3 cats and 2 dogs
BUT you all know how that one or 2 ferrets weasel their way a little
deeper into your heart and soul!! Well Tommie (and Fred who passed
5/29/05) did just that!! I am crushed and trying to be positive! But
it scares me that this just happened so suddenly.

I will update when I find out more what it going on with my lil baby
boy Tommie. And Tommie is in the 2009 SOS FML calendar as an honorable
mention on the last pages. One of my other guys, Ghost, is on October
(the very bottom pic). I lost him 5/10/02 to a tragic accident. He was
one of my 2 first ferrets.

And if any of you got to write me, I didn't even get on my email but
am doing so now. I was in bed all day with another migraine. Could it
be from stress??

I PROMISE I will answer any emails as soon as I can. As well as get
pictures to those I promised. My wrist is NOT doing well at all.
Typing is "trying, but manageable when needed", but I can barely hand
write/print or draw etc anything with any type of grip. I have a call
into the dr. But that is another story - one that is not for the FML.

Kindest regards & ferret prayers for all from
~ Melanie

"A cat or dog steals your heart, but a ferret steals your &soul."