From:
Chris Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:15:17 +0100
Hi Andria, according to the ferret vets I know around 50% of ferrets
have adverse reactions to being left in their oestrus cycle.  Most young
ferrets seem to cope with being left in their first season but a friend
of mine lost one of a pair of yearling jills last year after telling me
"my other jill was ok last year so I'm not giving them hormone jabs this
year".  Some bloodlines seem stronger than others but I get all my jills
hormone jabbed every year these days.

Chris.

Wessex Ferret Club=20
www.wessexferretclub.co.uk