From:
Jason Kryska and Cheryl Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 23:01:15 -0700
Hello to all the wonderful Ferret folk, and fuzzy kids!

I wanted to first send out gentle hugs and much love, blessings, and well
wishes, to all those who have recently had to say good-bye to their kids
who have passed, and to those who have been there fighting with, and
loving their kids while they are sick and getting better.

What with all the stress and sadness we often have to deal with in our
every day lives, I thought I would just post this small bit of cheer that
has bloomed in my life.

As you might remember, about 6 months ago I rescued a very sick little
boy from a pet shop.  He was only 220 grams, and had numerous problems
that made his first week home with us very touch and go.

As he grew, and got better, he was still very afraid of the other
ferrets, and would always run up on my lap to hide from them..  after
pooping himself with nervousness.  I thought for a while this would never
end.  Slowly though, one by one, he became more and more secure with the
other ferret kids til he was sharing a cage with them and one of the
gang.  Well, we of course were very happy by this point, and loved
watching and hearing him run through the house making a *hehehehehe*
sounds to show he was happy and excited.  Never once did we hear a dook
though, no matter how happy and wild his play was.

Well, that was until two days ago!!

He was running about and wrestling with our alpha ferret, Otto, when I
heard a dooking that wasn't the tones Otto makes when he giggles.  Sure
enough..  there was Magic bouncing madly around all over and on top of
our big boy Otto, dooking like crazy!!

Finally!  he's dooking!!  I was so happy!!  I sat watching them with the
biggest smile..  my eyes full of tears!!

Cheryl and the 7 Crazy Crazies,
Otto, Max, Jack, Bozley, Belle, Lizzy, and Magic!