From:
DJTuvell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:10:48 -0500
My new little girl Lady went to the vet on Friday.  All the tests they did
(for heartworms, a fecal float, etc.) turned out fine (negative), and she
got her vaccs with no problem.  I suspected adrenal gland disease because
of a small amount of hair loss on the base of her tail that I noticed when
I got her.  Dr. K. confirmed this and started her on an experimental
medication made from cow adrenal glands, among other things.  We will give
her that for a month and then see Dr. K. again.  Since she is young and
only in the very early stages of this disease, I would think it is safe to
try this medication and see how it goes.  I know I will have other options
too if necessary.  Besides, I trust Dr. K.  Has anyone else ever used any
meds like this for their ferrets?  I don't know much about adrenal gland
disease but now is the time to educate myself on it.

LadyBug does not act sick at all.  She gets along just great.  A regular
ferret!  She has been playing with the boys some.  I am still keeping them
in separate cages because McKyle is being a little less gentlemanly than
I'd hoped, but I do see a little improvement everyday, so I am hoping that
soon all will be fine.  Merlin accepted LadyBug right from the very start
just like they'd been raised together.

Dooks, everyone!
--Rachelle, McKyle, Merlin, & LadyBug