From:
Monica Istvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 16:18:55 -0600
Learned something new from UPS today.  If you order something from the USA
and it's shipped via UPS, they tell me duty isn't charged on items under $20
(Canadian), therefore no brokerage fees are charged.  The only catch is that
the package has to be CLEARLY marked that the value is under $20
**Canadian**.  If they even assume that it's US$, you're up the creek.
Service charges are $3.15, plus brokerage (usually around $25), plus duty
24%?.  It gets pretty ugly.  Any "Friends" want to ship "gifts" up here?
Hint Hint!

Talked to Liz from Silver Wings about some Colloidial Silver, and 2oz is $11
US$, that's $15.40 Cdn @ 1.40% exchange.  OK, OK, it's a slaughter, not an
exchange, but what choice do we have?!  Colloidial Silver is not available
in Canada by retail yet because of the bilingual labelling laws.  Liz tells
me they are working on it - SOON she says!  :)

Just an FYI for you - hope it can help you out.
-=-=-
Calgary  Alberta    Canada       The Terrible Two and the Kitty Krew