From:
"David J. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:25:21 -0400
This is really just a little curiosity that I noticed.  The sample of five
ferrets is way too small to be indicative but I'll mention it anyway...

My wife has been spring cleaning.  Yesterday afternoon she convinced herself
that this included ferrets ;) Last year they got away without it so it had
been 18 months since the last bath time.  Before someone asks, "no, they
didn't smell any stronger than they do a week after bathing".  However, the
fur was a bit dry so they got a dose of aloe baby shampoo that we use on my
grand daughter.  After drying them and letting them run we combed them with
a fine flea comb to remove dead hair.  The two males were loaded with loose
hair.  The three females yielded nothing at all.

Aside from that we now have five ferrets with an immaculate coiffure - for
about another day!