From:
Pam Sessoms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 19:46:07 -0400
I'm currently harboring a skinny little pitiful girl ferret who was found
wandering by the side of the road near campus in Chapel Hill.  A
kind-hearted good samaritan (an animal lover who had never experienced a
ferret before) took her in and got her stabilized at their own vet and
then paid her bill of nearly $200 out of their own pocket.  wow!

If anyone hears of anyone missing their ferret in this area, please let me
know!  I'll be calling the APS about lost reports, putting up fliers, and
putting ads in a couple of papers.

She's going to be OK, I think... She's warming up to Bob's chicken gravy,
so that's a good sign.  More worrisome is her perisistent diarrhea and
associated skin sores from that, a big ulcer on the roof of her mouth,
and a problem with rectal prolapse.  But we have good vets, so things are
looking up for her.

Adios,
-Pam S.