From:
Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 17:15:54 -0700
I took my ferret Katie to the Vet's last week for her regular checkup.  He
took her temp, weighed, measured, palpated her tummy, checked her teeth, and
gave her her shots.  About half way through the exam there was a scratching
sound at the door.  The Vet went and opened the door, and this big old cat
strolled into the room.  It walked around the exam table first one way then
the other, and then just walked back out the door.  Well, the Vet pronounced
Katie hale and healthy so I hung out for a while in the waiting room to be
sure there were no reactions to the shots, then took Katie home.  So anyway,
I got the Vet bill in the mail today, and boy was I shocked!  $325.00!!!
Well, I just knew there had to be a mistake, so I called the Vet's office
and asked if they were sure my bill was correct.  I was informed that it was
indeed correct, so I asked to speak to the Vet himself.

"Doctor," said I, "Why is this bill for $325.00?  The last few times it has
only been $25.00 for the same exam, and shots." (I was really confused)" Why
the extra $300.00?"

"Oh that," says the Vet, "That's for the CAT SCAN!!  They're not cheap you
know."

OK, it's a dumb joke, but I thought it was kind of cute. (once I modified it
a bit to apply to a ferret!)

Amy & Katie
"Here's Dookin' at you Kit!"