From:
Denise Hebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 12:51:12 -0700
BIG, it's not time for the semi-annual MF debate already, is it?! :)
[Moderator's note:  You're right -- there are only two a year.
The trouble is that each goes on for about 6 months!  BIG]

Sandi, You've been on the shelter side of the Petco issue.  I've been on
the Petco side.  I've been the assistant manager "in-charge" of the
livestock.  Thankfully, I'm no longer there.  A lot of what happens to
the kits is threefold.  1st, it depends on what comes out of MF.  2nd, it
depends on what happens at the distributors.  And then, it depends on what
happens at the store.  The store that I was at is in Indianapolis,
Indiana.  The manager that I started under was wonderful.  If any of the
animals needed any kind of vet care, they went.  Problem was, the vet was,
I feel, incompetant.  So, we changed vets.  Then, the manager changed.
The new manager was a reptile guy.  The reptiles were well cared for, but
the small animals suffered.  They may or may not have gotten their meds;
they may or may not have gotten their cages cleaned.  I'll say that most
of the kits that we got in were in decent shape.  My store was good about
having moistened food.  A lot of that was because I made sure that it
happened.  Needless to say, I left.  I haven't been back since I left in
Feb.  Do I worry about the kids that have gone in since?  You bet I do.
But Sandi, don't bash Sukie because you've had problems with MF.  My 3
kids have all been from MF, and I haven't had issues.  Of course, I've
only been owned by ferrets for 2 years, and my oldest is 2.  Instead of
blasting each other, let's attempt to talk about this like rational
adults.  Either that, or let's not talk about it.  If Petco is changing
it's distributor, don't think for a moment that it was purely because of a
quality issue.  If Petco is changing anything, it's to save money.  maybe
they're leaving MF because too many kits are needing vet care; maybe
they're leaving MF because they found someone else that they can get kits
more cheaply.  Maybe, just maybe, they'll leave MF and NOT FIND ANOTHER
DISTRIBUTOR!  Some Petcos don't sell rabbits.  Maybe we'll get lucky, and
all Petco's will stop selling fuzzies.  Who knows.  Let's just try and
play nice, huh?  :)

Dooks and Dances,
Denise

=====
Dreaming permits each and everyone one of us to be quietly and safely

insane every night of our lives.
                                     -- Charles Fisher
                     Denise Hebert
                 Alpha Phi Omega, Alumni