From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:01:53 -0400
Yes, there are black-footed ferret in Pennsylvania! The ZooAmerica
North American Wildlife Park in Hershey, PA, has acquired two 4-year
old males named Joker and Godzilla. The boys began alternating being
on display in The Great Southwest region of the Zoo on Sept 17.

<http://www.zandavisitor.com/newsarticle-2194-ZooAmerica_North_American_Wildlife_Park_has_Added_Two_Black-footed_Ferrets>

Joker and Godzilla are retired breeders from the Smithsonian National
Zoo's Conservation and Research Center in Front Royal, VA, which gives
me the opportunity to segue to Cyan and her kits! :-)

The kits are 3 months old today and still nameless. You can help name
them and support bff breeding research at the same time by voting for
your favorite choice of blue names.

Sky and Sapphire have pulled into the lead so far, but Indigo and
Cobalt are not far behind! Teal, Aqua, Baby, Powder, Navy, Marine,
Denim, Azure and Turquoise are all still in the running, so send a
donation of any size and pick up to six of the above options.

To make a tax deductible donation, please make your check out to
"Smithsonian Institution" with "black-footed ferret program" in the
notes field and send to me at: Linda Iroff, 46180 Butternut Ridge Road,
Oberlin OH 44074. Make sure to include a note with how much of your
donation you want to go to each name!
If you want to make a donation via Paypal, please send to
[log in to unmask] . Again, please note which name(s) you want to
vote for. These amounts will NOT be tax deductible as I am not a 501c3
charity! I will make an accounting of all funds sent to my paypal
account available on request (with names redacted) at the end of the
donation period, and the total amount will be sent to the Smithsonian
along with any checks.

I'll be giving the collected donations to Dr. JoGayle Howard at the
CRC's Autumn Conservation Center on Oct 3, so please get your donation
in soon.

Cyan and her kits thank you!

Linda