From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 08:20:38 EDT
I have replies to several questions/posts and would liike to include them in
one reply message if that is permissible...?

Incontinent ferets (and people too for that matter) pose an odor problem
that gets into the 'everywhere' catagory fast...my suggestion for both
people, and ferrets (as a caregiver I have had this situation to deal with
for years and have 'astounded' families with my instant odor dissappearing
and control act - until I tell them how its done that is) is daily use of
Odormute.  Use it liberally everywhere you even suspect an 'accident' may
have occurred...and after you dry off the soaked tummy spray a little on the
damp fur as well...it is an enzyme that activates in warm water (very little
odormute to a lot of water) and the enzyme consumes (ick) the source of the
odor... it helps to break any critter of box violations as the 'favorite'
corner of your living room etc.  never has that homey old urine smell that
tells the critter its OK, this is the spot... it also can be used on
bedding, car carriers, any thing that smells too strongly of
critter...including anything human...like that old jacket that has a rancid
sweat odor but no one knows how to get clean....anything!!!  and it is great
for stinky's and skunk problems...even on the dog etc.  Only mix what you
will use right away tho as it doesn't keep...and if zoo's use it
routinely...you know it works...they smell pretty good most of the
time...and if they don't you suspect something isn't right..immediately!

The No-Nip - No-Bite home cure...Ferrets are smart and fast and have minds
of their own...and are pretty tough hided little critters...and everyone has
heard of at least one ferret that just won't learn to ease up on human
playpersons when it comes to biting or nipping to hard...

I stumbled onto this method and nearly became a world famous ferret
trainer....until I passed out the story and method to anyone who asked...it
may not work on all ferrets but so far I have not had one try me twice....

Here it is...Shop around for the totally organic, natural, harmless, and
usually cheap, hand/body lotion you can find...You want the one that no
matter how long you rub it in or how patient you are..it won't work into the
skin and you either let it dry on you or give up and wipe the darn stuff
off....now slather lots on everywhere you might get bit! and let the slimy
sticky stuff dry on you...now (feet and ankles too) get out Sir Nip or Miss
Chomp and invite an attack...yup...one last chomp/nip for posterity...or
just go about your work knowing your foot or ankle will be a target
soon...the miscreant will take that opportunity to heart eventually and you
will have a sore place to deal with...but as soon as it happens... apply
more lotion and poke fingers at now awful tasting mouth and be sure the
ferret knows you are the source of this horrible taste and that biting you
again will only get the same result and also be sure the smell of the lotion
is firmly resident in the little bandits rain...now say no nip or no bite
firmly several times and then....by now the critter is making horrible faces
and wants nothing but 'down'....let it down and at a water container...
knowing it will take about two gasllons to get the nasty stuff out of the
critters mouth... remember you got the organic, harmless type... now be sure
to put a dab on feet and ankles and wrists and backs of hands andd necks
etc.  whenever you have the little ambusher out for a while....the awful
taste/smell memory will be triggered and reinforced every time the critter
gets near that lotion after that and it won't bite or sniff anything that
has that lotion on it again...ever...or so it goes here....

food for thought...

 dayna