Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:25:38 EDT
Yesterday, when I was taking my ferrets out for playtime, I noticed that
Cassie, my 10 month old, had dirty ears.  The earwax was a reddish-brown
in color.  Now I've tried cleaning her little ears, but it's really
difficult to get her to hold still.  Cassie's ears have been cleaned at
the vet, and I've cleaned them once or twice at home.  Chloe, my 5 month
old, has never had her ears cleaned, although when she went in for her
first check-up the vet said her ears were fine.  But that was back in
January.

Any tips on getting ferrets to hold still?  I know all about scruffing,
believe me, but that doesn't always work with my ferrets.  Using Nutri-Cal
MIGHT work for Cassie, since she loves it, but I can't seem to get little
Chloe to get a taste for it.  I have stuck some on the tip of her nose,
and even placed some in her mouth.  She'll eat it if I do that, but that's
like force feeding her and I don't want to do that.  Even now, if I let
her sniff it, all she does is lick her lips and turn her head away.  She
does that to every treat I offer her.  I guess that's a good thing in the
long run, but it's kind of hard to teach her tricks and stuff if she
doesn't like treats.  The only thing she eats is her food, but she won't
eat that if I offer it to her usually.

Now Cassie, on the other hand, will eat virtually anything edible.  She
loves cheese, apples, her Pounce treats, and Nutri-Cal.  She even tried to
steal my bag of chocolate I got for Easter, but luckily I caught her. :-)

Okay, I know you're all tired of this e-mail, but I'll appreciate any tips
or advice!

Heidi