Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:12:03 -0400
My fiance bought a house four years ago and moved it with our four
ferrets. I crawled around on my hands and knees looking for areas I
needed to ferret proof. I was very careful about the dishwasher...
the washing machine...the dryer.

Then came the first bath time for the ferrets. I took them upstairs two
at a time and into the tub they went. The first two came out squeaky
clean and were towel dried a bit before being allowed to run around the
bathroom to finish drying themselves off.

The house has forced air heat and Sammy almost made it into one of the
heat ducts. I reached in and grabbed him - by his tail - and pulled him
back out. Another couple of inches and he would have fallen all the way
to the basement.

So, lesson learned, even though I had crawled around and checked things
out, I had assumed that the heat vent was secure. It wasn't. Sam had
been able to push it out of his way in the blink of an eye. I'm just
glad that I was watching them closely and was able to react quickly
enough to grab him. We checked all the heat vents after that and made
sure that they were tightly secured.

Kelley
Loving Princess, Daisy, Poncho and Bandit
Missing Ben, Jerri, Hershey, Casper, Felix, Oscar, Justin, Bailey,
Shadow, Bear and Sammy