From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:24:29 EST
Well I'm still recovering from the symposium.  It seems like it was a
dream, not real.

I listened to speakers that were awsome.  Judy G and Randy brought tears
to my eyes.  Dr Purcell and Dr. Williams gave me new insite on ferret
health.  Bob Church and Jeanne Carley gave out so much information, along
with plenty of laughs!

All the speakers were great, I was glad to be part of such a great event.
Putting faces with names, what fun.  I can't even begin to tell you all
how it felt to meet people that over the years have helped my shelter out
in so many different ways.  It was fantastic to meet you all.  Renee and
Jim, thank you both for all your help with the pre symposium dinner at the
shelter.  If you didn't make it you missed out on so much great food and
fun, and a fuzzie fix!  Actually they did everything, I just enjoyed it,
shame on me!

I made new friends, saw old friends.  I just wish there had been more time
to spend with everyone.

I finally met Hildy, I have been doing California ferret rescues with her
for years and finally met her at the symposium, she does really exist!  I
can't even begin to list everyone I met and had so much fun with.  Thank
you all for being there and making it such a great event.

To Shelby, and her sister and Betty and her hubby from Canada, you both
were so kind to want to take Jewel the little adrenal ferret home with
you.  I'll keep you updated on her life as you are now considered her
canadian mom's!  i wish she knew how much she was wanted after not being
wanted by her former parents because she was sick.  I know Jewel stole
everyone's heart that saw her.

To everyone that came by for a ferret fix, well you may not realized it
but you gave the shelter ferrets a human fix.  They always welcome extra
human love.  It makes up for all the years they missed out on it.

to Maylou of ferrets magizine, I can't thank you enough for having Ferrets
mag sponser Slim Shady and Repeat.

to anyone who missed out on seeing these special perminant shelter
ferrets, you will be seeing and hearing about them in upcomming issues.

Judy cooke, what can I say, i love you man!  Send me your addy, Robin
Tyson Jones says she wants to send you a surprise!

Well its back to normal routine around here, but the memories from the
symposium are all around me to remind me of such a wonderful ferret event.
I'll be posting more about the symposium and the people I met but I've
bored you all long enough for now.

But one last thing, Big and Helen, thank you so much for comming by and
seeing the fuzzies.  Big you remind me so much of my father that just
recently passed away.  Your not that old, (I think, lol) but you could be
his brother!

Take care all,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter