From:
Diane Keel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 00:05:31 EDT
I am throwing up my hands with the attempt to do ferret rescue...sigh....

Shortly after I took in 7 ferrets, my husband lost his job of 15 years
and took on a new job with much less money.  The money I had planned on
having to keep up with all these ferrets went right down the toilet.  The
ferrets are not in any threat right now of lack of food or anything like
that.  I have given them Distemper and Rabies shots.

I adopted 1 of these 7 to a couple in Pennsylvania.  They called me a
week ago to say they couldn't keep him due to allergies.  They live 4+
hours away.  I told them it was okay if they found him a new home in
Pennsylvania.  They found him a new home roughly a day or two ago.

They called me this evening to tell me that the ferret I had adopted
to them is not 2 years in, that in fact her was 6+ years old and has
Adrenal.  This is the observation of the new owner, not from a vet.  To
say the least they are pissed off.  I have all the sales receipts on
these ferrets and their birthdays are roughly on each one with their
names.

I have had these ferrets for almost 2 months now and having a very hard
time placing them.  I have all kinds of people from the Internet wanting
to give me more, which I am refusing right now.

I have several ferrets I will list below that need to be placed and
that's it for me until we are better financially stable.  I cannot afford
to do all these test that people want done and still be able to adopt
these ferrets for less than 100.00 each.

I want to be able to do this but I can't meet all the obligations that is
expected.

I can't guarantee the ages of these guys, all I have to work off it what
the owner wrote down for me.....

Slinky - 2 year old Sable female spayed
Sweetie - 4 year old Albino female spayed
Taz - 3 year old Black Sable male neutered
Ziggy - 3 year old Albino male neutered (littermate of Taz)
Navarre - 3 year old Champagne male neutered - (possibility placed??)
Snow - 1 year old Albino female spayed (donated separate from the above
guys) - (possibility placed??)

If a rescue is interested in these guys please contact me....otherwise
the adoption fee will be $35.00 each just to cover my costs.

Anybody is also free to call me at 419-810-2140 to inquire on any of
these guys.  Also, please feel free to cross post this.

Thank You,
Diane Keel
Toledo, Ohio