From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 07:32:28 -0700
Hi folks.  Many of you have or are sending me pennies from Diane Taylor,
or having her send them.  I have several now, waiting to be mounted and
sent off.

I am asking you all to please be patient with me.  The first few batches
flew off within days of my receiving them.  These next few may take some
time.

My little girl, Tasha, had some minor bacterial infection, I was giving
her medicine, and she was getting better, and was her happy, energetic
self, until about Tuesday, when she started a downward swing.  By
Thursday she wasn't eating, and off to the vet she went.

I was up all night Thursday doing hourly feedings and giving her as much
water as I could give her.  This continued into the next morning, but I
could tell she was not getting better, so back to the vet at noon, and
they kept her.  Friday night she seemed to show improvement, I think the
sub-Q fluids did her well.  She was able to hold her head up, though
wobbly, and look for me when I put her back in the incubator.  But her
body temperature was falling, instead of rising, and her liver and
kidneys were working overtime.

She made it through the night, and saturday morning the vet said she had
improved some.  I visitied her in the afternoon, sat at the incubator and
petted her little head and nose, and waited for the vet to come talk to
me about her progress.  Shortly after I was told my file was up next,
Tasha sighed and stopped breathing.  The vet and tech who were back there
trying to get a blood sample from a dog sped to my side and whisked her
off, trying to bring her back to me, but she was gone.

I am numb and literaly sick with grief, even today.  I couldn't sleep
last night.  I am having company from out of town tonight and I have had
to continue preparing my home through my tears.  I am spent.

So please forgive me, I do not have the will or the energy to work on
your necklaces at this time.  In several days, when I can think past
this cloud of sadness, I will get started on them.

Melissa Kuzara
Mira, Robin, Samurai, O'dell and Nietzsche
Missing Booboo, Cael and Tasha, my little star