From:
Sam Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 03:41:16 -0700
I have been reading all the missing ferret reports and thought now might be
a good time to post my sugestion (tried and proven!) My ferret Robin is an
escape artist, but he never strays too far from home.  I have trained all 5
of mine to come running then I rattle a can of treats :-)  It works like a
charm.  I started off by ratteling the can while siting on the floor close
to where they were playing.  If they came, I gave them a treat.  (I did give
them a few treats to try out before I started) I use catfood for treats
since most of them like it.  For the 2 who don't, I filled an old Amoxi
bottle with dropper with some Ferretone (which no ferret can resist...thank
goodness!) and instead of being alowed to stick their head in the can, they
get some Ferretone :-) I can tell you... it has saved me from loosing Robin
anout 5 times so far (the others aren't too persistent in trying to escape.)
Just an idea :-) Try it out on yours and see if it works.

Sam & The Ratpack
And our latest addition: Hale the Choc. Lab pup! :-) (starting to
wardance!!!)
http://users.1st.net/hammock