From:
Brooke Newsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:45:12 EST
Hi FMLers!  My name is Brooke and I've been lurking for a while now and
this is my first post.  My husband and I have two ferrets named Rocky (our
little boy) and Mercury (our baby girl).  Rocky is a sable and Mercury
a silver mitt.  They are both about a year old and very spirited.  They
pretty much have the run of our apartment when we aren't at work or asleep
(not that we haven't tried, but there is something about sleeping hoomans
that makes them want to nibble our toes).  Yes, we are pretty much "weezel
whipped."

I just wanted to share a story that made me laugh (after I was done being
scared to death).  Last night I was eating a chocolate covered cherry when
Mercury climbed on my lap in her typical 'what are you doing/eating and
why am I not involved' fashion.  Now she known too have a 'sweet tooth'
(just like her Mom!) so I started to put her back on the floor.  Before I
know it though, she has bitten off part of the chocolate and cream from
the cherry.  Of course a chase through the apartment ensues (with Rocky
and my husband hot on our heels).  When I grab her and start to get my
fingers in her mouth to remove the contraband she starts chewing it as
fast as she can, flinging chocolate ferret spit everywhere!  She had so
much I thought she was going to choke, but lo and behold she came out just
fine with a "Ha, I win" look all over her face.  That's along with all of
the AWOL chocolate that escaped her mouth.  Sometimes I think our fuzzies
are too smart for our own good!!

Brooke

Mercury:  "Mmmm, I like chocolate!"
Rocky:  "Hey!  Why didn't I get some of that??"