From:
chargrgrl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 12:56:01 -0700
Here is the short version of this story.

A guy that was in my life and very active (so it seemed) with the love of
ferrets has turned on me and my ferrets.  The past month I have been in
and out of the hospital for kidney problems.  This guy offered to watch
them for me until I got out.  Well, this guy started to stalk and abuse
me, among other things.

So it came to a point this past weekend that I said I no longer wanted
him calling or coming around and that I would be coming to get my ferrets
this weekend.  Well, he flipped out, roughed me up and started saying he
was going to kill my ferrets or leave them on someones door step.  Then
he started spreading awfull rumors about me to my neighbors and ferret
friends.

On Wednesday when he broke into my house, walked into my bathroom while I
was taking a shower and proceded to beat me up was the same day I filled
charges and applied for a restraining order.

I have spoken to a lawyer and he said that if we have to we can take it
to court as a custody battle, right to ownership case.  All my ferrets
are rescues so I do not have a bill of sale, but I do have MANY witness
that will testify that these are my ferrets, not to mention vet bills,
receipts for food and supples.

He has also admitted in a email that he does not want the ferrets and
would rather just kill them to get back at me.  I have forward that to
the authorites also.  I asked the police officer if there was anyway he
could escort me to his house(he lives in Champion, PA and I live in
Washington, PA), but he said without a warrant or the correct legal
papers he could not.

Bottom line for me is this weekend has been a living hell thinking of all
the things he could be doing to my poor ferrets or the neglect and stress
they are going through.  You know he will take all his anger out on them
because of me.

The past 4 days I have begged, pleaded, threatened and every other
desparte thing I could think of to say or do to get him to just give me
my ferrets back.  I did not want to post this pubilcly in the group, but
I do not know where to turn, who to call or the right way to do all this
of this.  I am so scared, hurt and confused, I do not know which way is
up anymore.  I know I should not be "airing my dirty laundry" or try to
drag anyone into my problem but I really had no idea what to do next.

Tomorrow I am going to call the Humane Society tell them the whole story
and then go from there and hope that maybe they could go to his house and
see that the cages are probably a mess and then seize them.  I am also
going to see what I would have to do to file ferret-napping or stealing
private property charges.

My bruises will heal, but the mental state of my poor ferrets are the
only concern and motivation for me right now.  I can't eat or sleep and I
have tried to come up with every concivable idea to get them back.  I am
from San Diego and have just moved out here to PA less than a year ago
and the ferret community is now my only real friends out here right now.

I am just looking for any and all advice at this point.  Thank you so
much for respomding back to me.  It really means alot to know there are
people out there willing to help another ferret lover in need.

Has anyone been through anything like this, and what are my rights as a
ferret owner to get my ferrets back?

Any advice on this would be great.

You can email me at: [log in to unmask]

Monica & The Fuzzy Bunch
Ferrets: Althiea, Cloe, Zoe, Tonka, Ashtin, Baby Simone, Inky, Dinky,
Maggie, Petey and Giddion
Plus 2 katty kats: Aireal and Duece
My ferrets with wings: Snickers, Bandit, Cody, Klondike, Reeces,
Sterling, Domino,Neo, Molly, Gage and Morphious