From:
Kevin Fagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 19:16:22 -0500
Hi all you ferret lovers out there!  I have been lurking on the list for
about 8 months now and I finally decided to post.  First let me introduce
myself and my little ferts.  My name Kevin and I live in Riverhead in NY
(Riverhead is on the East End of Long Island).  Starting 8 months ago I had
been very interested in ferrets.  I signed up to the FML and then about 3
months later I saw a poster in a grocery store for a ferret and cage for
$50.  I said great and called the lady and she said that she didn't have
time to take good care of him anymore so after school the next day I went
and got him.  He is a MF sable male and was about 1 year old when I got him.
I named him StinkyHead and he is absolutely the BEST and CUTEST ferret I
have ever seen.  I had him for about a while and then I found out that my
father's friend's wife was into ferrets and so I called her and found out
that she is part of the New York Ferret Rights Advocacy (NYFRA).  I ended up
adopting a little MF albino girl through NYFRA and named her Pinky.  This is
where I am today and I am starting to crave another (ferret math is at work
again).

I have one question.  Does anyone know of any ferret shelters or breeders on
Long Island or in the immediate area?