From:
Maria Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 12:13:41 -0400
I am writing in response to Saturday's posting about the ferret who loves to
nip.  I totally understand your situation.  I bought my ferret, Muffin, from
a pet store a little over a year ago.  I love her dearly, but despite my
best efforts- she loves to bite.  I've tried Bitter Apple, Time-out, all
that stuff- but a year later she still doesn't get that biting hurts people!
At this point, with time-out she only bites (hard) about once a day.  She
constantly nips, but I don't consider that to be a problem unless it REALLY
hurts or leaves a mark.  Actually, after everything I've tried she now bites
less often, but when she does bite she bites harder.  She's now taken to
grabbing and hanging on...

Despite this habit she's still a great pet.  But I am at my wits end about
why she won't stop- I know that since the time I got her as a kit she's
never been abused.  Like the previous person who posted, I feel that
additional information on this subject would only help loving pet owners
like me who only want to be able to have a pain free relationship with our
pets.