Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 22:10:17 -0400
Hello Everyone,
For those of you who don't know me my name is Kelly and I have a 6 year old
adrenal ferret.  She came to me about a month ago.  There was a post to a
list my boyfriend belongs to about two ferrets in need of a home.  So I
replied to the post and found that they were about 8 hours from me.  They
were dropped off at a Nature Reserve from what I understand and needed
someone to take care of them.  I was the only serious inquiry and so the man
who was caring for them drove 5 hours to meet me.  They seemed to be fine
happy and healthy but on the way home I noticed Milo had a swollen vulva,
which to me indicated adrenal problems, considering her age and the fact she
had already been fixed.

Milo's been happy and has more energy than any other ferret I have until
the last few days.  It's been really warm here, but I've been keeping an
oscillating fan on in the ferret room.  It seems to be helping some.  She's
not been as energetic and today I noticed a bit of discharge around her
vulva.  I automatically assumed infection and put her on some antibiotic.  I
also gave her a bath.  I haven't taken her temp yet but intend to do this in
a bit.  Is this normal behavior?  And have I taken the appropriate steps in
assuming she has an infection?  If she does have a temp what should I give
her to bring it down?  Milo is not on any medication for her adrenal
problems and is not going to be having surgery.  I do not know her medical
background or know how long she has had this problem.  There for I felt as
long as she is happy and seems to be acting o.k.  for the most part why put
her through something that may or may not do any good or w/ surgery could
possibly do more harm than good.  I just felt I should leave well enough
alone.  If anyone has any suggestions on what else I could do to help make
her more comfortable or can answer any of my questions please feel free to
drop me a line @ [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Kelly

Kelly's Ferret PAge- http://members.tripod.com/~ferrethead2.html Milo &
Mondo are not here as of yet. We need to get some pictures, but they too

will have a page of there own.